Originally Barber and Osgerby wanted to make a pedestal table. But when these designers of the 2012 Olympic torch started to research one legged tables they felt that pretty much everything had been done, so for the Tobi Ishi they went for a sort of bladed, two legged approach. This basic model is in white Carerra and it also comes in black Marquina marble too.There is a very elegant hole in the tom of each blade with underlines the stone mass and also contributes the rounded square look that they design with. At Maison et 0bjet this week I also saw a new version, a red laquered MDF Tobi Ishi. There is a lot of 70′s fabulousness going on here, but in the most restrained minimalist fashion.
Also visit archiTecTsTables in these places… ‘
Tags50's aluminium art Belgium brass Brazil canada deconstructed Denmark England feminine foldaway France garden Glass Holland Ireland Irregular Italy light Location Location Location Lucas Martin marble Metal moving nautical oak outdoor oval picnic Plastic and Resin plywood Portugal recycled rosewood Spain sport Steam Punk steel three legged tools galerie USA walnut Zelouf & Bell zoomorphic
- Lennart Van Uffelen: Funcionality Kills the fun
- Galerie Secula Marzaux : a pair of shagreen side tables.
- Hella Jongerius: Sphere Table
- Zelouf and Bell: Koi Noir
- Zelouf and Bell: Gazelle desk
- Zelouf and Bell: Black Mamba
- Zelouf and Bell: Monolith, scarred and healing
- Zelouf and Bell: Dolmen
- Zelouf and Bell: Fan Desk
- Studio Makkink & Bey: Education Trestles and Easels